Jones-Hamilton Co., a manufacturer and distributor of chemical products used in food processing, agriculture, consumer, and industrial product markets is seeking full time Reliability Engineer for the Richburg, SC facility.
The Reliability Engineer will ensure the ongoing reliability of the Richburg site by working with Operations and Material Handling to troubleshoot and correct ongoing process issues and provide support to Maintenance in the ongoing effort to increase reliability and decrease operational downtime.
This effort would include conducting RCA studies on failures and operational downtime, working with internal and external resources to develop corrective actions and then implementing the solutions.
The Reliability Engineer will design, integrate, and improve manufacturing systems or related engineering processes. This position will assist the Plant Manager in the overall administration of the plant.
What You’ll Do
Reliability Engineer Responsibilities:
- Troubleshoot new or existing production problems involving designs, materials, or processes.
- Investigate or resolve operational problems, such as material use variances or bottlenecks.
- Apply continuous improvement methods such as lean manufacturing to enhance manufacturing quality, reliability, or cost-effectiveness.
- Provide technical expertise and support related to manufacturing.
- Prepare documentation for improvement of manufacturing processes or engineering procedures.
- Establish and monitor overall plant performance for production and quality standards.
- Prepares documentation for new manufacturing processes and engineering procedures. Prepares reports summarizing analyzed process information and trends.
- Actively promotes and enforces compliance with all regulatory agencies’ requirements including but not limited to OHSA, FDA, and EPA
- Ensures that the Preventative Maintenance System is robust and is adequately preventing repetitive failures.
- Manages and maintains relationships with outside contractors.
- Manages the capital project portfolio for the Richburg site.
Who You Are
Reliability Engineer Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical or Chemical Engineering
- 5+ years of Project and / or Reliability Engineering experience.
- Demonstrated skill/knowledge in the following areas: capital project management, manufacturing plant support, construction, chemical plant engineering, equipment design, material handling equipment, piping, pneumatic equipment, materials of construction.
- Experience working within Responsible Care 14001, ISO 14001 environment preferred.
- Applicant must be very innovative and knowledgeable in plant processing and be able to assess and submit various process improvements.
- Must be able to manage multiple projects simultaneously, adhere to and communicate variances to approved budgets, and track completion of projects on a regular basis.
- Additional duties include analyzing the effects of various mechanical improvements to the plant operation as well as being very knowledgeable in effectively utilizing effective plant automation.
- Experience with AutoCAD and 3D Modeling software for plant design.
- Effective oral and written communication skills; proficient computer skills a must.
- Must be able to travel 25% between South Carolina and Ohio.
Pay and Benefits
- Company ownership through Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- Discretionary bonus and yearly wage increases
- Holiday, Vacation and Sick pay
- Medical, dental, vision insurance
- Life insurance (Employer paid)
- Short- and long-term disability (Employer paid)
- Education and Employee assistance programs
- Wellness Program including Fitness Facility Reimbursement
Job Type: Full-time
We Look Forward To Hearing From You
To apply, click the button below and complete the application form in its entirety.